LH-3KW Low Head Submersible Micro Hydro Turbine
Get the LH-3KW Low Head Submersible Micro Hydro Turbine For Only R138,900
Micro hydro turbine refers to hydro power systems with a power rating of 100kW or less. A 100kW system will produce 100 standard units of electricity in one hour. Micro hydro systems differ from large hydro power since the flows of water required are much smaller. Micro Hydro Systems have been popular in some less-developed countries for a number of years enabling rural communities to enjoy the benefits of electrification in areas with hydro power potential but without a grid network. New technology, less stringent regulation of grid-connected micro hydro generators and standardised turbine designs are now encouraging more widespread interest in micro hydro in the world.
What are the Benefits?
- The considerable benefits of micro hydro power include the following:
- ‘Fuel-free’ source of power
- Different to large hydro since environmental impacts of installation are negligible.
- Renewable energy source therefore helping to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and having a net positive impact on the environment.
- Constant generation over long periods unlike wind and solar power
- Good correlation with demand (more hydro energy is available in winter when heating loads are high)
- Long lifetime of systems, typically 25 years or more Low maintenance requirements and running costs
- Reasonable payback for grid -connected systems , often 10 years or less.
Dimensions and data
Rate of flow (litres/second) 45
Power (w) 3000
Size Weight 142x65x60 140kg
Alternagy On Facebook